Friday 25 September 2015

Balancing Work and Exercise

To be quite honest, I’m probably not as health conscious as I should be. Work takes up so much of my time already so to say that I have enough time to balance work and exercise in my life is a wish that I am still waiting to come true.
But I still like to think that my job as a veterinarian still allows me to get enough physical work done especially when handling larger animals in the clinic, most commonly big dogs.
A part of being a veterinarian entitles us to see the animals overall condition which also involves an animal's physical welfare. Oftentimes we’ll have a dog play fetch to see if he is active or not or what his range of motion is limited to but once in a while I’ll take them out for a quick walk around the curb. As much as I would love to take them with me while I jog, I still have to see if I can fit that into my busy schedule!
Aside from inserting a bit of exercise in my system, I try to eat healthier and it’s been 6 months since I’ve last had a cigarette. Horray!
I try to bank on eating a lot of greens at work and I try to hydrate as much as possible. I definitely stay away from unnecessary sugar as I’ve come to discover that these also cause me to break out in pimple which is a big no no. Aside from this, I’ve also been taking Proactol Plus which one of my fellow vets prescribed to me. I’ve been great so far and not only am I able to maintain my figure but I have also feeling really good about myself lately!
Being around animals and trying to get them to be in the most optimal state they can be reminds you every once in a while that if you can invest in so much time trying to keep animals healthy then there shouldn’t be anything stopping you from implementing them on yourself.
I spend so many hours in a day trying to rehabilitate animals, making sure that they’re getting enough food and exercise that sometimes I forget about the most important person, myself. But hopefully now that I am more aware of it, I can work on a better program towards better help. A better me equally better care for the animals!


Sources:
http://www.visionsofromania.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment